Tuesday, November 20, 2007

TAG YOU'RE IT - 3 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME

This is in response to the "3 Things You Didn't Know About Me" on the Good Girl Lit blog http://www.goodgirllit.blogspot.com/

I read over the things people wrote on the Good Girl Lit blog and realized I have led a pretty uneventful life. I don't know any famous people, nor have they sent me postcards. I've never been out of the country, and although I've always thought the Charleston was an amazing dance, I've always felt it was a notch or two above my skill set.

However, upon reflection I realized I've made a few of my own moments after all . . .

1. Once when my husband, Leonard, was teaching me to drive a motorcycle around a school parking lot (he was on the back), I realized I wasn't going to be able to make a turn quickly enough. Right before the motorcycle hit the cement parking block, I jumped off and left Leonard to crash. (In my defense, I didn't have time to yell, "Every man for himself!") (Don't worry... he was fine!)

2. Once when Jenelle was a toddler, Leonard and I both thought the other one put her in the carseat after church. We were 4 blocks away before either of us looked back and saw she wasn't there. When we got back to the church she was standing on the sidewalk holding our friend, Gary Rihanek's hand. (And to think, our kids made it through to their adult years!)

3. My friend Michelle and I once tried to move a recliner from my basement to the upstairs. We got it stuck in the stairwell in such a way that it was actually "suspended" in mid-air. We didn't want to tell anyone what we had done, so we pushed as hard as we could to get it unstuck. We eventually got it wedged in there so tight it took 4 guys to get it out. (After they stopped laughing, of course.)

hmmm.... These are probably all examples of the things to which my husband would say, "....and I can't believe you told anyone!"

1 comment:

Anne Dayton said...

Tracy, these are hilarious. I love that you jumped off and let your husband crash! And I'm so glad someone had your daughter!