Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Favorite Reader

There aren't very many people who read my blog. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I haven't told many people about it. I write because I love to write, and I'm afraid it would be too much pressure if people were reading and critiquing it. But I do have one faithful reader I know about that comments regularly. Why are there so many entries that say 0 comments, you ask? Because he comes into my office and tells me his comments face-to-face.

It's nice when your #1 fan is your husband. He either loves everything I write, or he does a great job of faking it. He always tells me which parts really mean something to him, and he tells me he reads them through really slowly...twice... so he doesn't miss anything. He checks my blog every day, and encourages me to write if I skip very many. His encouragement is of the kind that inspires me to do great things. And it doesn't stop with my blog.

Leonard and I have been working together since October 1st, and being in the office has never been such a joy. The weight that I felt I carried before is simply not heavy anymore. I have the same tasks, the same goals, the same deadlines that I had in September. It's just so much easier to carry them now that he's with me. His presence just has a calming effect on me. We pray together in my office every morning before we start the day, and it reminds us that everything we do is wrapped up in God. We want to do what He wants us to do. And we want to do it together.

I guess I just wanted this one entry to pay tribute to the man that God put in my life, the man that spurs me on. God has blessed me far beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of or hoped for when He gave me Leonard. And I wouldn't want to live my life any other way.

And Leonard, I hope you read this through slowly . . . . twice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have another reader now. I should have known you were a writer by the encouragement you have always given me! What a great story about Leonard. When Michael believes in my writing, it means more than anything, so I know just what you mean.

Tracy said...

Thanks for the comment, Serenity! It's always nice to know someone out there knows what you're trying to say!