Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And life becomes normal again....


We just finished marrying off our daughter this weekend! We don't have the pictures back yet, but here's a snapshot my other daughter took while they were getting ready....




I don't know how this whole process usually goes for people, but we planned this for over A YEAR... and it still seemed like all the details were crashing in around me at the last minute. I thought I had everything planned out so well, yet there were still things that were missed, things that didn't go as planned. Fortunately, all my friends told me that no one even knew anything went wrong and that it was a beautiful event. I love friends.

I was right about one thing, though. For all the last-minute stress, and all the details that didn't work out right... none of it mattered anymore when I saw my beautiful daughter walking down the aisle on her dad's arm. It's a picture that is forever etched into my memory.

And when I look at that picture, all I can do is smile.

2 comments:

Tina Rothe said...

This is awesome Tracy. You sure have a way with words. Carol passed your blog info on to me today. I love it. You really do know how to inspire and get others to thinking and examining where they are. God uses you in mighty and awesome ways.

And, again, the wedding was beautiful. At the end of the day, the kids are married, everyone had a great time, noone knows there were any glitches, and the sense of love and family shone through brightly. How much better can it get?

Tracy said...

Thanks, Tina! That's very encouraging. I'm glad everyone had a good time... that's what we were going for!