Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's a Boy!

You may remember many months ago when I mentioned my daughter was pregnant with our first grandson! (Searching for names...sound familiar?) Well, we went into the hospital at 4:30 a.m. on Sunday, December 7th and he was born at 11:33 a.m. 6 lbs, 8 oz and 19 1/2 inches long! The Name?

EZEKIEL MARTIN RAMIREZ.... as you can see, Ellie found the whole thing to be utterly exhausting!


We have a proud mommy....


and a proud daddy.....


and I can tell you all the rest of us are right in there with them! What a wonderful blessing for this Christmas season!
After the first day, we took Ellie home for a nap. Then, when it was time to go back to the hospital, I asked her, "Shall we go see Baby Ezekiel?" She proceeded to lay down in my arms and reply, "Baby Ellie." We were a little concerned at that point just how excited she was going to be to take this little boy home, but since then she has helped the nurse bathe him, she has fed him, and she has sung him the lullaby I wrote for her when she was born.
I think we're all in agreement now... he's definitely a keeper!

3 comments:

Serenity said...

Congratulations Tracy! And to the mama too. Boys are very, very fun. You're going to love it!

Kathy said...

Congratulations!!! A Christmas baby is the most perfect gift of all. A friend once told me that when her son was born she just sat around and smiled at herself for weeks. I know the feeling:)

Amy said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for your little family! Enjoy the holidays with your precious gift!