Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another Marker Moment!




I am just completing my first full week as a mother-in-law . . . Life just keeps on getting better! On Saturday, Rachel and Aaron got married! I HAVE A SON-IN-LAW! We couldn't be happier with our new son-in-law if we had hand-picked him ourselves. He is just a good man . . . the kind that will be a devoted husband and loving father. And need I even make mention of the fact that he's made quite a catch himself with Rachel?! Of course, Ellie is delighted, too! As you can see, she even enjoyed some celebratory Kix cereal during pictures!
We had just a small family ceremony on Saturday, but we are planning a large ceremony this next year so we can celebrate with all our family and friends. Rachel, Jenelle, and I are going to be plenty busy with wedding plans. Leonard and Aaron? I'm guessing they'll want as little involvement in the planning as possible!

But for now, our sights are set on the birth of Ellie's little brother in December. What a wonderful family he'll be entering into. My prayer is that their home will be filled to overflowing with the fruits of the spirit... I pray for love, for joy, for peace and patience; I pray that kindness and goodness would abound, that there would be faithfulness and gentleness in all they do; and I pray that all of these things, as they're joined with the infinitely valuable gift of self-control, will bring them more freedom and happiness in their lives than they ever imagined possible.
Just one more thing . . . although it didn't specifically make the list of the fruits of the spirit, one of my greatest desires for them is that their home would be filled with as much laughter as ours was.

I finally get it. Nothing ever really ends. It just keeps getting passed on and on and on. What a joy to see it happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a good way to look at it...cuz I'm already freaking out and my kids are 7 and 2!!