Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Day!!


It's that time of year again... the time that the Hernandez family (our little part of it) bands together and makes the glorious vacation plans! Okay, in reality I usually make all the vacation plans, but the whole family bands together in excitement and anticipation!

We LOVE our vacation time! This year Leonard and I weren't sure we would be able to get away from work long enough to take a real vacation, so we tossed around the idea of just sending the girls somewhere. That idea was quickly dismissed when Jenelle told Leonard, "Rachel and I would rather vacation in Omaha with you and mom than go on a big vacation without you." We do so love our family vacation time. It's such a relaxing time, just getting out of town. The rule is: As soon as we leave Lincoln city limits, we leave all our cares behind!

Today I made our reservations to stay in a condo in Galveston, Texas and we instantly all entered into vacation mode! The anticipation is half the fun, and there will be much anticipating going on between now and the end of June!

More than the destinations, I treasure the time we have gotten to spend with our girls through the years. We have so many wonderful memories from each place we've gone. And no matter where we go, when we're vacationing we're all easy to please, because all that really matters to us is we're away, and we're together.

You gotta love vacation.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Tracy - Galveston is nice. You will like it. I'm in Dallas/Ft.Worth, so it's a quick trip. Have fun!!

Tracy said...

Amy, I forgot you were from Texas! I should have gotten my vacation advice from you! We are sooooo excited. I'll let you know how it goes on future posts!