Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Raise your hand if you enjoy the waiting....

We are waiting. Sometimes patiently and sometimes not so much....but waiting, nonetheless.

I would like to just put it out there right up front... I hate waiting. But in thinking back to some scriptural accounts of this particular issue, I discovered I'm in pretty good company. Even Abraham, who received top billing as a man of faith, didn't always shine in this area. Waiting is hard. It gives you too much time to question, too much time to wonder if you really heard from God. And  too much time to try to figure out a workable solution on your own.

But thank God. He doesn't let go of us. He continues to comfort. He continues to build, to be faithful, to reveal. Through this process, as I surrendered my heart to His loving hands, I have found a deeper faith. I have discovered at a whole new level what it is to hope in things unseen. And I have had profound revelation of how huge and capable He really is.... capable of taking care of everything in the universe no matter how large or how small.

Most importantly of all, and the glue that really holds it all together for me, He has reminded me of His love. The deep, intimate, unconditional love.

I placed a link below to a song that has lifted my spirits many times as I wait. I still hate waiting. But I love and appreciate so much the things I gain from it. While I'm waiting, I will worship.
While I'm Waiting....

No comments: