Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finally, my head above water....

We spent the whole first week of February in Dallas, TX for work. (Hey, Amy! Love your city!) Then we spent the second whole week of February trying to recover from spending the first week of February in Dallas. It was a crazy couple of weeks. We are lucky enough to have jobs that we can do from wherever we are. However, we have yet to learn to do it very efficiently. We'll just chalk it all up as a valuable learning experience (and hopefully we'll be able to use a little of that new knowledge to make it just a little easier next time)!

At any rate, we're back. And life is good! We had some good friends who just had a baby boy Wednesday, then Brad and Jess just had their little boy, Hutton, early this morning! He was supposed to be a Valentine's baby but he came 2 hours and 45 minutes late for that. Of course he is one of the most adorable little men I've ever seen in my life! Pictures to come!

Last night we kept Ellie and Ezekiel overnight so Aaron and Rachel could celebrate Valentine's Day. I realized a couple of things. 1. We don't have quite the same energy we used to have. 2. I would use my last ounce of strength on these two and never have any regrets.

Things are a little different at our house than they are at home. At home, Ellie can entertain herself in her room. At our house, she says, "Grandma, play with me." My heart melts, and I play with her. I understand the value of sitting and playing so much more than I did when I was young. And I have the luxury of being able to do that more easily because I don't have all the responsibilities I had when I was raising my own kids. It's such a peaceful time of life, full of so much joy.

Next entry, maybe I'll have something to say with a little more substance. But for now, I'm just so glad to be home, and so happy to have such a wonderful family. It's really all I can think about.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey what were you doing in Dallas? Let me know next time you are here, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you!!

Tracy said...

I will do that, Amy! We attended the ASI show plus had our own American Solutions for Business meetings at the Fairmont. It was great to be out of Nebraska in February!!!