Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anticipation

Anticipation is half the fun!

We are now closing in on ONE WEEK from our vacation, and we are in full-blown anticipation mode. All of our conversations include, "One week from today we will be . . . " (insert "picking up the van" "packing our clothes" "leaving Lincoln city limits"). You get the idea.

I know I've mentioned it before, but our family just LOVES vacation!! We love every stop at the gas stations where we load up on snacks, we love keeping the dvd screen away from Leonard so he doesn't watch movies while he drives (you're welcome, fellow drivers) and for me... BY FAR... I love the laughter! There is never a shortage of laughter when we are on vacation.

We're going to stay in a condo in Galveston, and the beach will be sooooo relaxing--there's no denying it. But when we're on vacation, no matter where we go, even simple things like trips to the laundromat are memorable! And finding the little grocery store so we can stock our temporary kitchen? Leonard and Rachel love that part! I know it's all in our minds, but as soon as we leave for vacation, everything becomes absolutely magical. It just feels good to be gone. And it feels good to be there with all the people you love the most.

I probably won't be posting much now until after our vacation, because honestly it's all I can think about and I think you'd get tired of hearing about it.

And just so you know... one week from this moment I will be calling the Rental Company to confirm they actually HAVE the van we reserved. Let me tell you from past vacation experiences... it sucks when they don't.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Have fun! Are you driving? I'm assuming you are flying, but if you are driving, let me know and I'll give you some good finds along the highway in Texas.

Sounds so fun - wish I could go!!

Take care!

Tracy said...

Actually, we ARE driving!!! Any input would be appreciated! Thanks, Amy!

Tracy said...

Amy, you can e-mail me at tracyasb4@aol.com