Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sometimes life will hurt....

It's one of life's paradoxes, really. There are times in our lives that will be painful. The Bible assures us of that. And yet, we can be joyful in all things.

How is it possible to feel the depth of pain that I am feeling this week, yet at the same time feel this joy, this trust, this optimism that everything will be okay? It doesn't make sense... which is exactly why I believe it's God.

God has a way of taking things that make no sense whatsoever and building deep and lasting principals on them. (i.e. fisherman leading the church, first being last/last being first, finding everything you need by serving others instead of yourself, etc., etc.) My son-in-law, who I love as if he were my very own son, left for Mexico last week. My daughter and two grandchildren are leaving on Thursday. How long? It's yet to be determined. Hopefully no longer than 6-8 weeks. But it's not our call. Their fate is in the hands of the American Embassy in Juarez. Or so it would seem.

Our church has really banded together in this. There has been a call to pray and fast until Aaron, Rachel, and the kids are safely back in America. And not just our church... I have heard from other friends throughout the U.S. who have been praying...interceding...on their behalf.

Why did they have to send Aaron to Juarez? It's one of the most dangerous places he could possibly be right now with the drug wars that are going on. Someone was shot yesterday just 5 blocks from where he is staying.

But the church is praying. The saints are crying out for His protection, His provision. He is a kind and loving God who hears the cries of His people. And even though we won't be able to get to our children to offer our protection, He will be with them. And His protection is all they need.

You see, their fate is not in the hands of the American Embassy in Juarez. Their fate is most certainly in the hands of our God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by mistake, yet the few posts I read seemed to be speaking to me. Thank you for speaking of the Lord. I will keep your daughter (and family) in my prayers.