Friday, January 8, 2010

But let me explain....

Okay, so Leonard's comment to me on the last post was he thinks I'm too hard on myself. Or "I don't think the situation is as bleak as you make it out to be." And as I reread the post I can see how that's how it sounds. So I feel I need to explain.

Although it may SOUND like I'm being harsh with myself, I don't feel that way at all. When revelation comes from God, it's never discouraging to me. In fact, it is exciting! Sure, there's that moment when faced with your own short-comings you think....ugh, yeah---that's me. But when I finally understand something in such a way that I'm sure change is coming in my life, when I'm about to be set free from something that I feel has limited me in so many ways... I want to shout it from the rooftops!

Yeah, I really sucked in this area for YEARS, but God has shown me the way out!

There is nothing as exciting, motivating, and life-changing as a revelation from God. And you know how pretty much everything he does "passeth understanding"? Well, the part that is baffling is no matter what he shows you about where you've gone wrong, there is never even a smidge of condemnation in it. I have no feelings of condemnation.... just the feeling that I'm standing on the very threshold of victory.

Have I mentioned I just love God?

No comments: