Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birthday Week

It's the week of my birthday!!! YAY!!!!

I love my birthday! (I may have mentioned that last year.) Certainly I don't require gifts, but on the week of my birthday I require lots and lots of attention! Now, I have never, ever moped around because someone didn't give me enough attention. That never happens, because I don't sit around waiting to see if people remember. I don't want the burden to be on them. So I announce it daily, sometimes two or three times a day. And let me tell you.... when you announce your birthday there are always PLENTY of people willing to smile and wish you a Happy Birthday! It's like the cheery Christmas season, only IT'S ALL ABOUT ME! (uh, sorry, Jesus.)

Now before everyone thinks I doth exalt myself too high, that's not the case! God knows that I know He's the one that belongs on the throne. It's just nice to have that one time a year that people celebrate that you're here. It's nice to have so many smiles directed toward you. It's nice to feel appreciated.

So this post is dedicated to birthdays! And I'd like to tell each of you how much I appreciate the fact that you're here... but I'll have to tell you next week.

Because did I mention this week is my birthday????!!!!!!

3 comments:

Felicity said...

It is my birthday week, too, Tracy! On Friday! So I guess that means you'll have to share some of the birthday glory, which is fine by me because I kind of dread the birthday attention. I prefer quiet, anonymous gifts of cash.

Tracy said...

My b-day is Saturday!!!Surprisingly, having to share my birthday glory doesn't lessen my excitement... it only intensifies! It's like the mystery of the trinity (only on a much lower scale). How can it be so wonderfully about all of us and yet at the very same time still be all about me? It's a mystery!
Hope you get lots of those anonymous cash gifts!

Amy said...

Happy belated Birthday! Sorry I missed it...been out of pocket a bit. Hope it was great!!