Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sweetness of Life

At a time when everyone's focus seems to be on all that is wrong with the world, I find myself enjoying my simple little life with my simple little family all the more. We haven't lost a lot of money in the stock markets, because we never had that much to lose. We haven't lost our expensive home because we have quite an inexpensive home (built in the 1920's, if you want to know what old really is!) But that inexpensive home holds treasure that is much more valuable than anything on Wall Street. It holds our memories.

Yesterday Rachel came over with Ellie to hang out for a little while before they had to pick up Aaron from work. We live on a dead-end street across from a park, and for some reason Ellie thinks every time she comes over I'm going to take her to the park. (Probably because every time she comes over, I take her to the park). Yesterday there wasn't time... they had to leave to get Aaron. But Ellie decided to make a run for it! She started running across the park toward the playground as fast as her little legs would take her. I started running after her, and I couldn't help but laugh because she looked soooo funny with her little butt swinging back and forth and her legs kicking out to the sides! Once I caught her, I scooped her up and she giggled all the harder!

That sound of her giggling makes me smile even today. In the midst of the financial crisis, the housing crisis, and every other problem in the world today, a little child was giggling. And when I weigh one against the other, all I can think is, "Life is Good."

2 comments:

Serenity said...

So true, Tracy! A very small moment with Jake just fixes everything I'm worried about. They become nothing. And life is so good. Great post!

Amy said...

I totally agree. I'm still dealing with some mild depression from the last few months of crazy...nothing serious...I can work through it. But all I need to hear is Bergen's laugh or get a hug from Preston and know everything is going to be okay. I usually forget what I was worried about in the first place!